Provides students with the opportunity to improve their instrumental abilities in a variety of difficult venues. Performances include fall and spring concerts, festivals and home sporting events. Students also have the opportunity to compete individually through IMEA and Solo and Ensemble.
Students involved in String Ensemble will have the opportunity to play music from several different styles and composers. Small ensemble playing will be a major component of this class. Performances include fall and spring concerts, IMEA, Solo and Ensemble.
Congratulations to a number of St. Teresa students who have enjoyed significant musical accomplishments over the past months.
– Kaitlyn Crawford auditioned for Decatur Youth Symphony Orchestra and was awarded the position as Principal Second Violinist.
– Brittany James, Jacob and Michael Miller, Erin Kurecki, and T.J. Holmes participated in the Millikin High School Honors Band that took place on October 25th. They rehearsed and performed with over 100 high school musicians from all over Illinois and took part in the world premiere of a new piece for band by Millikin faculty member Randall Reyman.
– T.J Holmes and Michael Miller participated in IMEA district tryouts. Both were accepted and will be participating in band and choir in November
– Michael Miller, Jacob Miller, Devin Brewster and TJ Holmes participated in the Millikin Vocal Festival on September 26th. The event included 300 vocalists and involved workshops, a solo competition, and a performance with Millikin faculty and students.
– T.J. Holmes and Leanna Miller participated in the IMEA All-State Festival in Peoria in January. T.J. for the Choir and Leanna for Band. Congratulations.