The St. Teresa Future Business Leaders of America and National Honor Society have combined forces with Warrensburg-Latham High School’s National Honor Society and Student Council to collect items to send to Hurricane Harvey victims at this Friday’s St. Teresa vs. Warrensburg-Latham football game.
Each school will be collecting items during the day and at the game. If you would like to drop off an item on Friday, you can bring the items to St. Teresa High School’s ticket booths beginning at 6:00 p.m. where students from both schools will be at the tables to collect items.
All items will be sent to Catholic Charities in San Antonio, Texas. The San Antonio office is the distribution center for Hurricane Harvey relief effort in Texas. In addition, the schools will be collecting monies to help aid in shipping the items to San Antonio or purchasing additional items for Hurricane Harvey victims. Below is a list of items that Catholic Charities is looking for at this time:
Here are the critical items needed today:
- NEW bath towels
- School supplies and backpacks
- Bug Spray
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Spanish and English bibles
Other most-needed items include:
- Food – bottled water, canned goods, can openers
- Children’s items – diapers (all sizes), formula, school supplies (elementary through high school)
- Cleaning supplies – bleach, buckets, dish soap, laundry soap, mops, rags, rubber gloves, scrub sponges
- Toiletries – combs, female hygiene items, hairbrushes, shampoo, shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpaste, disposable shavers, etc.
- Household items – bath towels, kitchen towels, paper towels
- Miscellaneous – bras, socks, underwear, pet food, gift cards for grocery stores and gas stations