Mark Ramsey was recently appointed to the Head Football and part-time Physical Education Teacher at St. Teresa High School beginning with the 2016-17 school year.
Dr. Ken Hendriksen, Principal/CEO stated, “We received twenty-three (23) applications and six (6) candidates were interviewed by a committee of four (4).”
Ramsey replaces Tim Brilley, who will serve as the school’s Assistant Principal next year.
Hendriksen stated, “This was the best group of individuals interviewed for any specific vacancy that I have encountered during the forty-two (42) years I’ve been doing this. We could have hired any one of the six interviewed.” Hendriksen further reiterated, “However, Mark Ramsey’s accomplishments throughout these past years are outstanding.”
Some of Ramsey’s accolades include:
- Inducted into the Millikin University Hall of Fame in in 1998
- Inducted into the Illinois Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2007
- 7 time winner of the Herald & Review Area Football Coach of the Year
- A winner of Nike Coach of the Year
- A winner of the Chicago Bears Coach of the Week
- Overall Head Football Coaching Record – 256 wins, 105 losses, 26 playoff appearances,
Mr. Todd Vohland, Athletic Director stated, “What an outstanding pool of candidates we were fortunate to choose from; however, Mark Ramsey’s record of accomplishments speaks for itself.”