St. Teresa is an accredited Catholic college preparatory secondary school serving the Decatur, Illinois area. Sharing in the educational mission of the Church, it is committed to offering excellent education and developing a community of faith. St. Teresa provides a faith-based, disciplined environment which fosters academic achievement, independent thinking, moral integrity, and service to the community.
St. Teresa High School, committed to the development of the whole person, seeks to integrate faith and life by instructing students in human knowledge and skills in the light of the gospel. Educationally, it strives to equip students with the professional and technical competencies to function in a modern society. Emotionally, it strives to guide students to an understanding of self and to affective/effective communication. Spiritually, St. Teresa seeks to lead students, through prayer and instruction, to a deeper and more faith-filled sense of their own worth as gifted individuals and to a personal experience with God
Building upon this personal development, students should be able to become signs of love and concern to their families and friends. Extending this care, students, imbued with reverence for life and Christian commitment, should be able to meet the social problems of the world and contribute to their solution in a spirit of justice and peace.
St. Teresa endeavors to extend the integration of faith and life beyond the curriculum to the total school atmosphere through the lives and interaction of all members of the school community, and through diverse opportunities for prayer, worship and service.
- Foster an atmosphere in which faculty and students strive to build a Christian community characterized by respect, care and concern for each other.
- Promote recognition of the world as an interdependent, global community in which all persons must live together in harmony.
- Help students be aware of all aspects of prejudice with regard to race, creed and gender.
- Provide for individual student differences through a carefully planned curriculum that makes use of a wide variety of teaching methods and materials.
- Provide all students with a curriculum that will encourage inquiring minds and critical and creative thinking.
- Provide students with the opportunities for leadership through a wide variety of classroom, extracurricular, and community experiences.
- Establish an atmosphere of mutual respect in which collaboration is encouraged among faculty and administration.
- Promote the increased competency of the staff.
- Maintain professional relationships with local parishes and community agencies.