Accelerated Academic Program for 8th graders
St. Teresa’s Advanced 8th Graders Honors Program allows 8th grade students to enroll in Honors Algebra I and Physical Science classes. Interested students must be eligible for the program. Eligibility is based on the following:
- 1. Seventh (7th) grade teacher recommendation
- 2. Your student must have at least three A’s on the quarterly report cards during the past school year in the specific subject identified.
- 3. Your student must have achieved a 90th percentile or above on the seventh (7th) grade Terra Nova Achievement Test in that specific area.
- 4. The student must receive the approval of his/her principal.
Some of the questions you may have regarding this program are:
- The Honors Algebra I class will run daily from 8:00 -8:40 AM
- The H.S. Physical Science class will run daily from 9:04-9:44 AM
- During the High School Channel One schedule each day (from 8:40-9:00 AM), the eighth graders will stay in their rooms for study time.
- Transportation to and from the St. Teresa will be the responsibility of parents.
- The students will follow the St. Teresa Calendar (they will report to their home elementary school when St. T. is not in session).
- The completed course will be entered on the high school transcript as a P/F (Pass/Fail) and will not be calculated in the student’s high school grade point average (G.P.A.).
- Honors points will be granted to students.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the school at 875-2431.